After a lot of thinking, research and praying I realized that I had really enjoyed working in my family’s construction business since I was 15. I began dreaming about becoming a business professional, so I changed my major to Business Marketing. During the first semester, I wanted to quit because of how hard it was, but I knew I would kick myself if I gave up that easily. With a lot of motivation, hard work and support, I graduated this past May with my Business Marketing Degree. What a great feeling of accomplishment! I was on my way to becoming my vision for myself in the workforce.
While I had planned to return to the family construction business when I graduated, my heart-felt dream was to have a career where I helped people in a way that would change their lives for the better. I envisioned frequent travel and bringing my dog to work. Little did I know that while I was away at school, the family business would expand in a new direction with the creation of 5Strands Affordable Testing. Coming home to work at 5Strands Affordable Testing has been a dream come true and for that I’m truly grateful!
Wanted to share a few things I learned on my journey to fulfill my dreams:
– Hold tight to your dream and don’t let anyone else’s opinion discourage you.
– It’s ok to change your dream at any time, when you have more clarity on what would make you truly happy.
– We have the power to make any dream a reality! All it takes is focusing on it, putting effort toward it day in and day out, and not giving yourself excuses!
– While you may experience difficulty, setbacks and failure along the way, the accomplishment will be well worth it!
– Don’t be afraid to dream big!
Think of 2019 as the start of a new dream. What will do you to make your dream come true?